At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
SR. BUSINESS DATA ANALYST
Looking for a candidate who is detail oriented and analytical with a keen interested in health data. Ability to design and communicate information in a presentation-format that translates technical financial terminology into terms understandable to leadership, associates, and external customers. Must be self-directed and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills and results oriented strategic thinking.
Previous clinical experience and knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS and other coding systems preferred.
- Take ownership of the data analytics for an Affordable Care Organization (ACO) in order to deliver the best value health care for an affordable price. This will involve maintaining quarterly benchmark reports and presenting them to the ACO team, analyzing a claims database of several million records to understand costs of care and utilization, maintaining a monthly patient attribution list, and maintaining ACO reporting requirements.
- Create actionable, innovative analytics solutions to drive Population Health’s decision-making.
- Identify and collaborate with stakeholders to define and document requirements for analysis and reporting.
- Audit data sources and analyses to ensure data is accurate and complete.
- Perform validation and trending of outcome data to develop actionable insights ranging from medical cost, utilization drivers, care delivery, coordination or high value provider networks, clinical quality and value based care.
- Produce efficient processes to replicate reports monthly.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to support data-driven insights focused on top clinical initiatives and to answer specific business questions that arise from Cooper leadership and physicians
- Develop analytics to support data driven decisions made by Senior Leaders, collaborate with other team members in data extraction and report development, and effectively communicate complex clinical, financial and operational information.
- Applying appropriate tests to analytical results to provide high quality and accurate results.
- Other functions may include assisting in the development of business planning pro-formas, designing analytical reporting tools and improving departmental reporting methods.
- The Senior Business Data Analyst will exhibit a high level of initiative, accuracy and self direction. They must be able to work efficiently when there are competing priorities and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- The Senior Business Data Analyst will demonstrate the ability to present information in a concise and effective manner; as well as the ability to work as a team player and collaborate effectively with others.
B.S. Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Natural or Social Science, Data Analytics, or Business Administration.
MBA or MS preferred or equivalent years of experience.
5 to 7+ years of progressively challenging data analysis experience, including but not limited to:
- Extracting and analyzing large quantities of complex data.
- Significant experience with programming languages for data analysis (e.g., Python and R), and experience querying data from a database (e.g., SQL).
- Proven ability to analyze data in a create way and to display results in a compelling manner using Excel, R, python, Tableau, or other visualization software.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Familiarity with creating automated reports using Windows Task Scheduler, cron jobs, or automated business intelligence software.
- Familiar with the iterative process of data analysis.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and must be able to work as a team player.
- Deadline oriented; ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex and concurrent projects.
Scheduled Days / Hours: Monday-Friday; 40 hours/week
Click here to read more and apply for this position.
Please feel welcome to refer a friend for these openings.
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.