Due to the demands of our COVID-19 response on many of our employees, we are extending the deadline for the completion of competency training (Annual Regulatory 2020 Education) until Tuesday, June 9, 2020. If you are able to get the training done by the original April date, please do so.
Beginning February 26, 2020, Annual Regulatory Training will be assigned to all Cooper employees. The training will run from February 26 to April 28, 2020. All employees will have 60 days to complete the training.
You will find the assignment under the My Task section in the Cooper Learning Network (CLN). Click here to access the CLN.
The following enhancements have been implemented to improve your experience:
The curriculum has been divided into modules to make it easier for adult learners and minimize any issues with completion.
You can test out of 14 of the modules and get credit for the course if you prove competence by passing a pre-assessment.
You can use mobile devices and do not have to log into the Cooper network. To access the CLN from outside the Cooper network, simply Google “Cooper Learning Network.”
The annual regulatory training is based on the requirements set by The Joint Commission, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and the New Jersey Department of Health. Training will cover the following topics:
- Cooper’s Mission, Vision, Strategy, Goals, and Culture
- Infection Prevention
- Preventing Occupational Exposures
- Patient Rights
- Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Cultural Competence in Health Care
- The Cooper Safety Program: Think Safety – Work Safely
- Patient Safety Goals and Reporting
- Abuse and Neglect
- Violence Prevention/Crisis Intervention
- Occupational Health
- The Baby Friendly Initiative
- Hazardous Waste Training
- Hazardous Communication
- Clinical RN and Teaching Education (role specific)
- Transitional Care Management (role specific)
If you have any problems accessing the education, please contact the CLN Administrator at 856.382.6884 or at CLN@cooperhealth.edu.