Every year, Cooper employees come together to generously donate new backpacks and school supplies for students at KIPP Cooper Norcross Academy (KCNA). So many of you have embraced this initiative and we love to see the colorful backpacks get dropped off with stacks of school supplies packed into the bags, but this year, in light of the pandemic, we struggled to decide how to do this safely.
Operation Backpack will be different this year, but with the same result – providing children with the items they need for school, whether remotely or in the classroom. Instead of shopping, we are asking you to give a monetary gift, in any amount, and The Cooper Foundation will order the backpacks and supplies and have them shipped directly to the school, with the supplies geared to the teachers’ requests. We will also provide a Cooper mask for each student and teacher.
Monetary donations will help support The Cooper Foundation’s Operation Backpack initiative by ensuring every KCNA student scholar has the tools they need for a successful start to the school year.
In the past, many of you came together as a unit to arrange a group collection. You can still do that. Whether you collect money from a group, or make an individual donation, your kindness will have an impact on a child’s life.
- Organize your co-workers to collect donations or donate on your own and start the school year right.
- Use a one-time payroll deduction.
- Make a gift online.
Make a Difference
- Your gift of $10 will provide notebooks or pencils or art supplies, giving a child the chance to express their thoughts and learn.
- Your gift of $15 will provide a brand new backpack for an elementary school student.
- Your gift of $25 will give a middle or high school student a backpack ready to start the school year.
- Want to do more? Double your gift and support two students with a gift of $50.
- Your gift in any amount will help a child thrive this academic year.
We know that life has been difficult for so many. We thank all of you, our front line heroes, for your commitment and dedication to your patients. Today, we thank you for helping a KIPP Cooper Norcross student enjoy the gift of learning.
Donate now through September 4, 2020, and help a KIPP Cooper Norcross Academy student scholar start the school year right!
Prefer to make a donation by mail, fax, or payroll deduction? Click here to download and print a PDF of the donation form.