At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Financially clears scheduled inpatient and outpatient services, including office visits, testing, diagnostic studies, surgeries, and procedures, prior to the date of service. Financial clearance process encompasses any or all of the following job functions:
- Verifies insurance eligibility and plan benefits.
- Contacts patients with inactive insurance coverage to obtain updated insurance information
- Validates coordination of benefits between insurance carriers.
- Explains insurance plan coverage and benefits to patients, as necessary.
- Secures insurance authorizations and pre-certs for patient services both internal and external to Cooper.
- Creates referrals for patients having a Cooper PCP. Contacts external PCPs to obtain referrals for patients scheduled with Cooper providers.
- Refers patients with less than 100% coverage to Financial Screening Navigators.
- Identifies copayment, deductible, and co-insurance information.
- Collects and processes patient liability payments prior to service.
Provides clear and concise documentation in systems.
Communicates daily with insurance companies, internal customers, providers, and patients.
- High School Diploma required
Experience and Skills:
- 2 years insurance verification or registration experience in a hospital or physician office preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance plans & products, coordination of benefits guidelines, and requirements for authorizations, pre-certifications and referrals preferred.
- Proficiency in working with payor online as well as NaviNet, Passport or other third party eligibility systems preferred.
- Proficiency in IDX Flowcast, Imagecast, and EPIC EMR systems preferred.
- Skilled in use of computers and software applications, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, registration and billing systems.
- Basic knowledge of medical diagnoses and procedural codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to organize, take independent action and project Cooper values to customers and coworkers.
Click here to read more and apply for this position.
Please feel welcome to refer a friend to these openings.
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.