At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
- Acts as an assistant to physicians and Registered Nurses in caring for patients and performing functions specific to unit protocols.
- Inventories and maintains adequate supplies specific to the assigned unit.
- Assists the RN with the preparation of O.R. room, supplies, and equipment for cases, utilizing physician preference cards.
- Oversees equipment maintenance specific to the assigned unit.
- Graduate of a nationally or regionally accredited educational program for Surgical Technologists OR
- Successful completion of an appropriate training program for Surgical Technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United Dates Public Health Service Commissioned Corps OR
- Equivalent experience – this applies to individuals that have been employed (as outlined in the Experience section below) as a Surgical Technologists prior to the effective date of NJSA 26:2H – 12.62 (i.e. 12/11/2011).
- Certified Surgical Technologist Credential administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or its successor, or other nationally recognized credentialing organization (e.g. NCCT – National Center for Competency Testing, etc.).
- Must annually complete 15 hours of continuing education to remain qualified to practice as a Surgical Technologist in NJ.
Experience and Skills:
- Previously employed to practice Surgical Technology in a health care facility on or before the effective date of NJSA 26:2H – 12.62 (12/11/2011) OR Currently in the service of the federal government, to the extent that the individual is performing surgical technology duties related to that service
- 1 year of Surgical Technologist experience is preferred.
Click here to read more and apply for this position.
Please feel free to refer a friend to these openings!
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.