At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN – Camden, NJ
This is a high volume and fast pace environment and the Pharmacy Tech will be responsible for the following:
- Accurately and timely prepares and dispenses all medications under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Maintains patient medication profiles.
- Ensures all medications are properly charged.
- Ability to read and communicate both written and orally and demonstrate interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the identification of medications, dosages, routes of administration, dosage forms, and storage requirements.
- Ability to perform common dosage calculations
- Ability to restock appropriate medications into Omnicell cabinets and Carousel as well as perform inventory maintenance and check for expired medications on a monthly basis.
- Receive incoming shipments and logs into inventory management system.
- Ability to troubleshoot automated technology.
- Ability to perform IV admixtures in a clean room environment
- Ability to timely distribute medications following the established delivery schedules.
Scheduled Days / Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week; rotational shifts, weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Current NJ registration (or eligible upon hire);
- Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician National Certification (PTCB) – preferred.
- Must register with the NJ Board of Pharmacy during the first 10 days of employment.
- Must complete the registration with the NJ Board of Pharmacy and become an active licensed Pharmacy Technician within 180 days of hire.
Click Here to apply!
Please feel free to refer a friend to these openings!
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.