At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Clinical Documentation Specialist II
- Responsible for ensuring the overall quality and completeness of medical record documentation.
- Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through concurrent interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and Health Information coding staff to support that appropriate reimbursement and clinical severity is captured for the level of service rendered to all inpatients.
- Supports timely, accurate and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and hospital outcomes.
- Educates all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis.
- Regular significant contacts with other personnel throughout and outside the hospital.
- Contacts may be in person, by telephone or through e-mail correspondence.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree required
- CCDS, or CCS, or CDIP
Experience and Skills:
- EPIC, JATA GUIDE software
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 2 years minimum experience as a Clinical Documentation Specialist in an acute setting.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, able to assess, evaluate and teach.
- Requires excellent work ethic, analytical thinking, problem-solving, excellent computer skills.
- Must be self-governed, disciplined, and organized.
- Professional team player, able to communicate well with others on all levels.
- Flexible with a working knowledge of all areas of adult medicine.
- Occasional lifting/carrying up to fifteen pounds, as well as reaching, stretching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking and pushing/pulling to move and file medical records alone or in carts.
- Ability to sit for very long periods of time, manual dexterity and mobility for extensive use of computer screen, keyboard, copy and facsimile machines, reader/printer and other office equipment.
Click Here to apply!
Please feel welcome to refer a friend to these openings.
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.