At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies, and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Administrative Director – Addiction Medicine & Psychiatry
- Responsible for optimizing and growing the Department of Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine by working closely with physicians, administrators, senior leadership, community-based organizations, and patients on establishing, maintaining, and improving clinical and business operations.
- Serves as the administrative dyad with the Chair of Psychiatry, and is responsible for strategic plan development, new business development, and internal and external relationship management.
- This position has administrative responsibility for all activities within the Psychiatry Department including outpatient psychiatry (adult, geriatric, child/adolescent) and psychology services (e.g. psychotherapy, group therapy), integrated behavioral health program, and contracted services and grants. This position will be responsible for growing and managing a new addiction medicine service starting with outpatient services focused on evidence-based models of care for treatment of substance use disorders, with future growth into an opioid treatment program (OTP/methadone dispensing), inpatient consult service, accredited physician fellowship, and cross-disciplinary training.
- Collaborate with clinical partners to bring national and international best practices in Addiction Medicine to Cooper Health System and provide thought leadership and care model design for interdisciplinary “Center for Healing” for care of pain and addiction.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on physician and provider productivity, optimizing provider schedules, establishing and improving operational processes and patient care pathways, and working with other departments within Cooper to improve patient access.
- Balance the needs of multiple stakeholders including office staff, scheduling, systems, vendors, regulatory agencies, senior management, clinical providers, and patients.
- BA/BS required.
- Master’s degree preferred in business, public health, social work, healthcare administration, or operations management.
- Lean Six Sigma trained preferred.
- LCSW preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in the public health field, at least 3 years in program management with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience with grant funding, people and project management required.
- Knowledge, experience, and success in leadership of complex change management projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively diagnose, isolate, and resolve complex problems pertaining to business operations, organization development, customer satisfaction, and change management.
- Proven ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required; strong oral/written communication skills, including diplomacy and the ability to work with all disciplines, levels, and backgrounds, is also a must; exceptional strength in strategic thinking, analysis and problem solving, organizational leadership, collaboration, and a results-oriented vision and focus.
- Strong analytical skills, and experience with performance improvement methodologies and data-driven decision-making;
- Ability to direct and manage multiple priorities, utilize effective time management skills, and exercise sound administrative judgment.
Click Here to read more and apply!
Please feel welcome to refer a friend to these openings.
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.