At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies, and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
MEDICAL PRACTICE ASSISTANT
This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties in various ambulatory settings, including primary, multi-specialty, specialty practices:
- May be involved in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting providers with patient care, and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
- Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from clinical services.
- Maintains working knowledge of regulatory standards and is accountable to sustain these standards in daily operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG), vital signs, venipuncture, capillary, and injection experience.
- Epic experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated performance of excellent customer service skills.
- Current documentation of a national certification for:
- Registered medical assistant (RMA) or
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) or
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or
- CMAC (Clinical Medical Assistant Certification)
Click Here to see all of our available Medical Assistant Positions!
Please feel free to refer a friend to these openings!
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.