At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies, and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST
Team of 70 Full-Time CRNA’s working in a collaborative practice with Anesthesiologists:
- Developing and implementing an anesthetic plan.
- Selecting and initiate planned anesthetic technique (general, regional, local anesthesia and intravenous sedation).
- Selecting, obtaining, or administering the anesthetics, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage & maintain physiologic homeostasis, and to correct abnormal responses to the anesthesia/ surgery.
- Selecting, applying, or inserting appropriate noninvasive and invasive monitoring modalities for collecting and interpreting patient physiological data.
- Managing patient’s airway and pulmonary status (endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy & extubation).
- Managing emergence and recovery from anesthesia.
- Provide relief from pain and anesthesia side effects, or to prevent or manage complications.
- Ordering, initiating or modifying pain relief therapy, through the utilization of drugs, regional anesthetic techniques, or other accepted pain relief modalities.
- Responding to Codes & Trauma Alerts by providing airway management, administration of emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Valid State of New Jersey license as an APN.
- Board eligible or Board certified as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist. (If Board-eligible Anesthetist does not pass the written Board on the initial attempt, he/she will not be allowed to practice as an anesthetist until the passage of the certification exam.)
- Valid re-certification from Council of Recertification of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
- Current BLS, ACLS, and or PALS certifications.
Click Here to read more and apply!
Please feel free to refer a friend to these openings!
To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.