Committed. Compassionate. Complete. That’s Cooper University Health Care.
As the leading academic medical center in South Jersey, Cooper sees patients in our hospital in Camden as well as more than 100 ambulatory locations. As a compliance auditor for professional services, you will review professional fee billing, coding and documentation. Your customers include employed providers, senior leadership, clinical, and non-clinical staff of Cooper University Health Care.
Under the supervision of the Chief Compliance Officer, auditors are responsible for supporting the corporate compliance program. For a complete list of responsibilities, click here. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Performing timely and effective compliance and operational reviews to assess coding, documentation and billing accuracy, identify compliance related risks, internal control weaknesses, revenue capture opportunities and assist in determining the root cause of any identified non-compliance with government rules and regulations, state laws and Cooper policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the development of policies and procedures that establish standards for compliance, as well as preparation of other guidance documents and tools to assist Cooper providers and staff in appropriate billing, coding and documentation.
- Serving as liaison for questions, concerns, incidents and complaints regarding compliance matters, responding directly to the inquiry and/or consulting or interacting with other team members or departments. Informing our Chief Compliance Officer of major findings; based on types of questions/concerns received, recommend remedial correction and prevention actions; identify education/awareness opportunities and guidance topics.
- Working with all levels within the organization to ensure that internal controls throughout the system provide for accurate, complete and compliance program and processes.
Special requirements include:
Refer to job post for a more complete list of requirements and qualifications
- Current certification as a CPC, CCS-P or comparable credential; four (4) year college degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in an academic medical center preferred, with emphasis on provider compliance activities, including but not limited to: auditing, monitoring, investigation and training
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of provider professional fee billing, coding and documentation practices in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in medical terminology.
- Demonstrated expertise in healthcare coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, APC, HCPCS).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations affecting the management of confidential protected health information (PHI).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of federal and state statutes, laws, rules and regulations affecting billing, coding and documentation practices in support of healthcare services provided to beneficiaries of federally-funded healthcare programs and other third party payers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the essential elements of an effective compliance program
- Working knowledge and understanding of:
– provider professional fee revenue cycle and reimbursement;
– electronic billing and medical record systems
– sampling technologies and statistical analyses
.Experience using personal computers required.
- Experience using MDAudit audit software and/or EPIC EMR desirable
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
If you’re ready to join our team, we’re ready to hear from you. Apply today.
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies, and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Please feel free to refer a friend to these openings! To see additional opportunities available at Cooper and to apply, please visit jobs.cooperhealth.org.
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.