Cooper University Health Care is proud to announce the 11th annual summer externship program for students in pursuit of a nursing degree. Applications will be accepted February 3 through February 17, 2021. The externship begins June 7 and ends July 23, 2021.
Cooper University Health Care, located in Camden NJ, is a leading provider of comprehensive health services, medical education, and clinical research in southern New Jersey. Cooper University Hospital and our network of satellite offices provide the residents of South Jersey, Philadelphia and the entire Delaware Valley access to a wide array of services, which include prevention and wellness, primary and specialty physician services, hospital care, and ambulatory diagnostic and treatment services.
Hourly Rate: $15.00 an hour
Schedule: 36 hours a week
12 hour | 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. shifts
(Monday through Sunday)
- Undergraduate Students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (must be entering their Junior or Senior year) and completed one full clinical rotation in acute care setting.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- The nurse extern will be responsible for successfully completing daily tasks and/or clinical work assigned by preceptor/educator.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Exhibit Cooper’s Core Values.
- Convey a positive attitude and be self-motivated.
- Complete and present a brief final report on your key takeaways during the last week of the externship.
- Apply online via the Cooper Careers website: jobs.cooperhealth.org.
- Apply for the job titled, “Nurse Extern”. This will appear in search results when the application period opens on February 3, 2021.
- Complete the job application and attach the following documents:
- A cover letter and area of interest
- Two letters of recommendation from Faculty or Professional references
- Copy of current transcripts showing minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Application Timeline – 2/3/2021 through 2/17/2021
- Start Date: June 7, 2021
- End Date: July 23, 2021
Cooper University Health Care is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, disabilities, marital status, protected Veteran status, national origin, or any other category protected by federal or state law.
At Cooper, we value:
Compassion: We are caring, kind, and empathetic taking action to relieve the suffering of others.
Inclusion: We respect others, value differences, and promote a sense of belonging for all.
Excellence: We are honest, professional, active, accountable, innovative, and passionate about quality.