Chicken: (makes about 60 wings)
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups corn starch
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place corn starch on a plate or in a casserole pan, in a separate plate or pan place bread crumbs, Place beaten eggs and water in a large bowl. Season each with salt and pepper.
Dredge chicken pieces in corn starch, remove excess and place in egg wash, and then place in bread crumbs until coated. Place chicken pieces on a nonstick sheet pan/cookie pan.
Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees with a thermometer.
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mirin (rice wine vinegar)
In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients and set aside.
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit or Splenda
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chives or scallions chopped small
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Place pineapple juice, soy sauce, monk fruit (or Splenda), ginger, and garlic in a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow simmering on low for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add chives/scallions, sesame oil.
Toss chicken in a bowl with teriyaki sauce and garnish with sesame seeds; serve with wasabi aioli.
Per wing with aioli:
Calories: 36 Calories from fat: 12 Protein: 5 grams Carbohydrates: 3 grams