Makes about 20 meatballs Ingredients: 1 lb ground chicken ¼ cup bread crumbs ¼ cup parmesan cheese 1 egg 2 tablespoons onion powder 2 tablespoons garlic powder ½ tablespoon salt ½ tablespoon black pepper 1 tablespoon dried basil 1 cup marinara sauce ½ pound part skim mozzarella cheese sliced thin Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large bowl thoroughly mix together ground chicken, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Form into 1-1.5 oz meat balls with either an ice cream scoop or hands.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs reach 165 degrees with thermometer inserted in the center of meatball.
- Remove from oven and ladle about an ounce of marinara sauce atop of each meatball.
- Place slice of cheese over each meat ball and place back in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Per Parmesan Meatball: 95 calories, 11 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat.