Makes about 6- ½ cup servings Ingredients: 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets 1 head garlic ½ teaspoon olive oil ¼ Cup fat free cream cheese 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon chicken base (better than bouillon) 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut top of garlic head off and wrap garlic with foil. Drizzle olive oil atop of garlic and place in the oven. Roast for about 15-20 minutes until garlic is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, remove each clove of roasted garlic and set aside.
- In a large pot place cauliflower florets and cover with water. Boil for about 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is soft enough to mash.
- Drain cauliflower well and place back in pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash them together with a wooden spoon, spatula, or masher. Should resemble mashed potatoes. Serve hot.
Per ½ cup serving: 65 calories, 6 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat.