The combination of beets and goat cheese pack a lot of flavor in a presentation that’s sure to impress.
- 2 red beets, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 golden beets, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay out beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven about 20 minutes until beets become tender. Remove from oven and allow cooling to room temperature.
Whipped Goat Cheese
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- ¼ cup skim milk
- In a mixing bowl, whip goat cheese, chives, and skim milk, until light and airy, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a pastry bag and place in the refrigerator until ready to plate.
- ¾ cup white balsamic vinegar
- In a small pot add balsamic vinegar over high heat and reduce until it becomes syrup, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a small bowl or squeeze bottle and set aside, allow cooling.
- 2 ounces truffle oil
- 1 cup mixed micro greens
- 2 ounces pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- Place a red beet slice in the center of the plate, pipe on the goat cheese mixture and top with a golden beet.
- Repeat process until there are about 4-5 layers of beets on the plate, with a beet at the top of the tower.
- Place about ¼ cup of micro greens next to the tower.
- Drizzle oil and reduction on top of greens and beet tower.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of pistachio nuts. Serve immediately.