Makes about 5 cups
1.5 pounds Smoked White fish, deboned ½ cup light mayo 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard ½ tablespoon salt ½ tablespoon black pepper 1 carrot, peeled, diced small ½ white onion diced small 2 celery stalks, diced small
- In large bowl mix together mayo, mustard, vegetables, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Mix in flaked white fish and mix thoroughly.
- Serve chilled with pickled red onions.
Per ¼ cup of salad: 90 calories, 7 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat
Pickled Red Onion
Makes about 1 ½ cups
1 Red onion, sliced thin ¾ Cup red wine vinegar ½ Cup monk fruit in the raw 1 tablespoon pickling spice 1 lime, juiced Pinch salt and pepper
- Place pickling spice in cheese cloth and tie together.
- In small pot place all ingredients and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to chill. Serve with whitefish salad.
Per tablespoon of onions: 4 calories