**** IMPORTANT NOTICE ****
Colleagues – Recently, you were sent an email about the upcoming Phone Conversion. This email included detailed information about the new mandatory phone number prefix dialing and also included a PPT that gives you background information about the phone conversion.
The link to the ppt is https://360.articulate.com/review/content/e671aa5d-d68e-44fc-900d-ab6ec2458326/review
If you review this ppt in its entirety, you will be well prepared for the phone conversion.
As a backup, we strongly recommend that all providers download and install the following on your mobile devices:
- Cortext Secure Texting – This will allow for secure communication via wifi or the cellular network
- To install, go to: https://start.cortext.com/ on your mobile device. Click Existing User, download and install the app.
- Your username is your full email address…..ie: firstname.lastname@example.org. Password is your Cooper email password.
- Once logged in to Cortext, click on Directory and select the person that you want to send a secure message to.
- Amion Mobile App – This application will allow you to access amion on your mobile phone via wifi or cellular. Instructions to download are located here: http://www.amion.com/cgi-bin/ocs?Page=Help:42
- Password for Cooper is: cuhatt
A summary of the phone conversion changes is below:
Effective September 15th – starting at 10pm:
The phone conversion process is slated to take several hours overnight starting September 15th – 10pm. Until the phone conversion process is completed, you will need to follow the below steps temporarily:
- First, attempt to dial the extension in its current format without the prefix. In other words, dial the 4 digit or 5 digit extension without the prefix. If the call doesn’t not go through, goto Step 2:
- Dial the extension utilizing the prefix code instructions below:
Prefix Dialing Instructions:
Instead of just dialing the 4 digit or 5 digit extension, you will now have to utilize a prefix code + the 4 or 5 digit extension. In other words, you will now need to dial a total of 7 digits to reach an internal extension. Pager system (614) and other speed-dial codes (666, 655, 644) will remain the same.
Example: Reaching Hospitalist MAH Cisco (x8747), Neurology Consults Cisco (x81620) and Medicine Consults via Pager (pager: 1960)
Prior to Sept 15th Phone Conversion: Dial 8747, 81620 and 614-1960 respectively.
After Sept 15th Phone Conversion: Dial 100-8747, 10-81620 and 614-1960 respectively.
Important caveats to remember:
- If the extension is 4 digits, your prefix code will need to be 3 digits. Eg: x8797 becomes x100-8797. Remember, the total number of digits must be equal to 7.
- If the extension is 5 digits, your prefix code will need to be 2 digits. Ex: x81620 becomes x10-81620. Remember the total number of digits must be equal to 7.
- If dialing an external number, you must dial 9,1,(xxx)xxx-xxxx.
- Please note that the phone conversion does not change the ability to directly dial a number from an external phone. In other words, not all Cooper phone extensions can be dialed directly from an external phone.
- Speed dial codes will continue to function. The speed dial codes are 614, 644, 655, 666.
- You can reach 911 by either dialing 911 or 9,911
Internal prefixes for Cooper buildings (sites) for 4 digit extensions:
100 – Hospital (One Cooper) and Sheridan Pavilion (Three Cooper)
101 – Inpatient Rooms at One Cooper
102 – MD Anderson Cooper (Two Cooper)
110 – CCBO
120 – Non Campus (Ambulatory locations)
Internal prefix for all 5 digits extensions will be 10. In other words, 10+xxxxx
A Phone Extension Conversion Tool will be available on the Employee Portal to give you the ability to put in an old extension and display the new extension for all phones.
A Phone Issue tracker tool will be available on the Employee Portal to submit issues online during the cutover.
An IT Command Center will be open from 9 p.m. on the night of September 15, 2017. The phone number for this will be 856-298-4180. IMT will also be supporting this effort.
Once the conversion process is completed, an email will be sent out.