Disclosure – LDI, October 18th, 2019.
Below are the slides form the 10/18/19 LDI Physician Breakout for disclosing of adverse clinical events. Also included, is the disclosure education created by Cooper Legal and Risk Management.
- The disclosures of unanticipated adverse clinical events to patients/families is required by the state of NJ (Admin. Code § 8:43E-10.7).
- See Cooper policy 1.216 – Adverse Clinical Events.
- Disclosures require specific elements (use the Smart Phrase .DISCLOSURE in Epic, in a Disclosure note type).
- Disclosures are protected information, and are not released as part of the medical record.
- There are representatives from Risk Management and Legal available 24/7 via AMION.
- Here are the summary points from Dr. Pearlman’s presentation…
Stephen Pearlman – Value of Disclosure
Disclosing Adverse Clinical Events – Cooper
If you have any questions, please reach out to Michael Kirchhoff, MD – Patient Safety Officer or Joseph Montella, MD – Chief Medical Officer.