Many of you have heard about the pressing need for aid to India in the face of a devastating surge in COVID cases that are threatening or have already threatened an extremely vulnerable and large south Asian population. At Cooper, we have a number of providers who have families and friends from India and we would like to direct support for those interested in providing relief services.
As we have done previously in the wake of national and international catastrophe, Cooper compiled a list of reliable organizations that already have infrastructure in place to focus relief efforts on the ground. By no means is this a completely comprehensive list, but we hope it provides a starting point for those interested in helping the Indian COVID relief effort.
- Red Cross is always a safe option. You can designate your gift to Disaster Relief, which is the most applicable, but the money may not necessarily go to India.
- Project HOPE (which was also on the USA Chamber Foundation list of organizations to donate too) –https://www.projecthope.org/project-hope-responding-to-covid-19-surge-in-india/04/2021/and if you donate here your gift can be designated to the crisis in India
- The list from the USA Chamber Foundation is also a safe option. Specifically, Give India –https://www.giveindia.org/ and American Indian Foundation – https://aif.org/
- Hemkunt Foundation –https://hemkuntfoundation.com/corona-relief/
- Sewa International Sewa International – Home (sewausa.org)
- Khalsa Aid USA – KhalsaAid