On April 22, 2023, Cooper will join nations around the world in celebrating Earth Day. The theme for this year’s Earth Day – “Invest in Our Planet” – highlights the importance of dedicating our time, resources, and energy to solving climate change and other environmental issues. Investing in our planet is necessary to protect it and the best way to pave a path toward a prosperous future. To learn more about how you can get involved, click here.
At Cooper, our Green Team identifies and enacts initiatives to ensure that Cooper reduces waste, decreases energy usage, lowers our carbon footprint, and educates our team members about how to be successful environmental stewards.
- Cooper provides education about proper recycling and waste stream segregation to all hospital units and departments. To learn more, click the links below:
- Cooper has gathered a taskforce to evaluate our current usage of inhaled anesthesia and to determine plans to minimize patient and provider exposure.
- We are in the process of replacing the lighting throughout Cooper’s facilities with energy-efficient LED lights.
- Cooper provides education across the continuum for students, residents, and faculty about climate health.
- Cooper has created a process for recycling laryngoscopes and sequential compression devices.
- The Cooper Court Cafeteria has switched to FiltaFry Services to reduce our impact on the environment. To learn more, click here.
- Our Security team has begun using a Gem electric vehicle – branded with the Cooper logo and the “See Something, Say Something” icon – to patrol the Camden campus. Click here to check it out.
We encourage you to do your part – on Earth Day and every day – to protect the environment.