We are pleased to announce that the May 2020 PTO sell back opportunity is here. In accordance with Cooper’s Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy, eligible employees may sell back earned but unused PTO time twice a year, in May and November. The May 2020 payout is based on PTO accrued as of the pay period ending May 23, 2020. Payment will be made on Friday, June 5, 2020.
Requests must be completed through Employee Self Service (ESS). Employees must submit their requested pay back hours through ESS between May 18 and May 29, 2020. Once you submit your request, an automatic confirmation email will be sent to your Cooper email address. You can download instructions on how to submit your PTO sell back here.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Full-time employees may sell back from 8 to 40 hours of PTO time in 8, 10, or 12 hour increments, depending upon the length of the employee’s normal work shift. However, a minimum of 72 hours must be maintained in the employee’s PTO bank at the time of the sell back.
- Part-time employees may sell back from 8 to 24 hours of PTO in 8, 10, or 12 hour increments provided a minimum of 36 hours is maintained in the employee’s PTO bank at the time of the sell back.
- Payment for the sell back will be at the employee’s base rate of pay.
- The sell back of PTO is voluntary and sell-back decisions are final upon receipt by the Payroll Department.
- Employees who do not accrue PTO on a bi-weekly basis are not eligible for sell back.
- Employees must submit their request via Employee Self Service by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Payroll will adjust any PTO sell back requests on May 30, 2020, where the eligible PTO balance will now fall below the required minimum hours.
For questions about the PTO sell back process, please contact HR Compensation@cooperhealth.edu.
Computer Access and Human Resources Assistance
If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance, you may visit the Human Resources office at Sheridan Pavilion or the CCBO, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or contact HRBenefits@cooperhealth.edu.