The Center for Humanism, Professionalism, Medical Ethics, and Law is soliciting contributions for its Winter 2021 Newsletter edition from the Cooper and Cooper Medical School of Rowan University communities on the topic of “Connecting with Camden.”
The Center is looking to publish work about the relationship between Cooper and Camden and how it connects with our local community.
Submissions can be brief, written reflections (between 300 to 600 words), announcements about events or programs, art, and works of creative writing.
Some ideas include:
- Describe a moment where you learned something new from our Camden neighbors.
- If you’re from Camden, describe what it means to you to work in a community that you’re from.
- Discuss the relationship between patient care and respect for the community.
- Describe a situation where the health care system could have done a better job supporting our local community.
- Describe a community-based program that inspires you.
- Describe a local business that you like.
Forward your submissions and any questions to Mara Gordon, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 1, 2021. Please send your work in the body of the email; no attachments please.