Cooper’s 2021 Flu Vaccination Program began on Monday, September 20, 2021. All employees must adhere to the flu vaccination policy by Tuesday, December 6, 2021. Click here for the schedule.
Please be advised that in January 2020, New Jersey enacted a new law that mandates individuals who work for a hospital must receive an influenza vaccination. The state law eliminates previously allowed religious and personal exemptions, but does allow for limited medical exemptions. If you are seeking a medical exemption, you should fill out a medical exemption form. Please return your exemption form by November 1, 2021.
There are still questions about whether this law applies to those who work for a health system, but do not work in the hospital or another Department of Health licensed facility. Therefore, if you are seeking a religious exemption from the flu vaccination and you do not work in the hospital or a licensed facility, we ask you to fill out this form by October 1, 2021. You will be advised of next steps based upon further guidance about the law.
Click here for Cooper’s schedule of vaccination dates.
All Cooper employees, physicians, residents, students, and volunteers may receive the flu vaccination from an Employee Health Nurse at any of the times and locations listed on the schedule.
- This year, Cooper will administer the quadrivalent flu vaccine, which is designed to protect against four different strains of flu virus, including two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses.
- Employees who receive the vaccination at a private physician office or a public clinic must submit proof of immunization via email to Employee Health to flu@Cooperhealth.edu. All proof of vaccination must have the date, lot number, and expiration date.
- Employees who are on a leave of absence will receive a letter at home with instructions on how to receive their flu vaccination.
- Cooper team members are able to view their flu vaccination status in Lawson Self Service. For Lawson instructions, click here. Managers can view the status of their team members as well. For instructions click here.
- Inpatients will begin receiving flu vaccinations at a date to be announced later.
- When visiting a vaccination site, please remember to wear your face mask and practice physical distancing of at least six feet.
For questions please email: Flu@cooperhealth.edu along with all forms you would like to provide our employee health team.