If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, one of the most important decisions you will need to make is where to go for care. How do you determine the best choice for your particular type of cancer?
The American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO) suggests considering these issues before choosing a cancer treatment center:
- How much experience does the center have treating your type of cancer?
- How close is the center to your home or office?
- What support services does it offer? Will you have access to social workers, dietitians, and other care providers?
- Does the center offer clinical trials?
Here Are Some Other Important Factors to Consider
- Does the cancer center have access to advanced technology?
- Are the doctors up to date on the most recent treatment options?
- Does the cancer center have a program and specialists for your type of cancer?
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper— By Your Side Every Step of the Way
At MD Anderson at Cooper, we believe in a team approach to cancer care. Our cancer experts work with you and your family to develop a personalized plan just for you. Our collaborative approach improves your experience and promotes better outcomes.
With programs and specialists for every type of cancer, convenient locations throughout South Jersey, access to groundbreaking clinical trials, and a full range of supportive care services, MD Anderson at Cooper is the region’s top choice for cancer care.
- More than 200 physicians and advanced practice providers who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and work together on disease-site-specific teams to provide comprehensive, collaborative, and personalized care for each patient.
- More than 30 supportive care professionals who provide education, nutrition counseling, social work, behavioral health, complementary medicine and integrative oncology, survivorship, and tobacco cessation services to help patients to manage all aspects of their lives, from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
- A team of 15 nurse and patient navigators who guide patients through their cancer journey, answer questions, serve as patient advocates, and coordinate care.
- A team of 10 cancer genetics experts who work through the William G. Rohrer Cancer Genetics Program to identify a patient’s risk of cancer, coordinate genetic testing, counsel patients who are at increased risk because of inherited mutations, and provide risk management strategies to prevent and reduce the risk of cancer.
- Hundreds of nurses, technicians, medical assistants, patient access specialists, financial counselors, coding and billing experts, and others who provide exceptional care and support to our patients and their families.
Advanced Treatment Options Close to Home
Cancer is a complex disease that often involves a combination of treatments that may include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation treatment, and surgery—requiring frequent appointments.
When you choose MD Anderson at Cooper, you don’t have to sacrifice convenience to receive outstanding care. With three comprehensive care centers and multiple clinical offices located throughout South Jersey, you’ll find that our cancer experts are always close to home.
Leading the Way in Cancer Care
As South Jersey’s leading cancer center, MD Anderson at Cooper offers patients access to advanced cancer treatments and clinical trials.
MD Anderson at Cooper is the only cancer program in South Jersey to offer patients several exciting new treatments:
- IOVANCE—a groundbreaking treatment that uses autologous tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (or TIL) to fight metastatic melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and cervical cancer. This advanced technology reprograms cells called lymphocytes that are found within the patient’s own immune system to destroy cancer cells. MD Anderson at Cooper is one of only a handful of cancer centers nationwide to offer this revolutionary treatment.
- Lutathera—a targeted radioactive drug approved for the treatment of patients with advanced gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP-NETs), a rare category of tumors that can form in the pancreas or other parts of the gastrointestinal tract. MD Anderson at Cooper is the only cancer center in South Jersey to offer this treatment option.
- MR-Guided Radiation Treatment—an advanced new radiation treatment technology known as an MR-Linac device that combines a powerful magnetic resonance imaging machine and a linear accelerator into a single device. The integrated technology allows radiation oncologists to track and monitor the movement of tumors during radiation treatment in real time, giving our cancer experts the ability to deliver more precise radiation therapy than ever before. MD Anderson at Cooper is one of only five cancer centers in the U.S. to offer patients this radiation treatment technology.
Treating All Types of Cancer
Breast, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Gynecologic, Head and Neck, Hematologic, Lung, Melanoma, Neurologic, and Sarcoma
Special Programs and Services
Rare Cancers Program, Second Opinion Service, Cardio-Oncology Program, Dense Breast Program, William G. Rohrer Cancer Genetics Program, High-Risk Breast Cancer Program, Cancer Survivorship Program, and AeroDigestive Program (for Barrett’s Esophagus and Esophageal Cancer)
- Camden, Voorhees, Willingboro, Cherry Hill, Mount Laurel, Egg Harbor Township, and Sewell, NJ
- Meadowbrook, PA