Last September, we had a Wellness Month. This year, things are a little different with social distancing so we are trying to be flexible with how we promote your wellness. Click here for the full calendar of events through MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper (PDF). All sessions are offered through WebEx 1-646-992-2010. Register for these remote sessions on yoga and mindfulness:
- Thursday, September 24: Mindfulness, 12:25-1:00 p.m. Access Code: 1603163629
- Tuesday, September 29: The Magic of Laughter, 12:25-1:00 p.m. Access Code: 1603014406
We have created specific sessions just for residents for a focus on wellness for the month of October. We are also experimenting with some evenings so that you can decompress at the end of the day. The first two sessions will be on Mindfulness – setting aside your worries, expectations, emotions and other thoughts that take your mind away from the current moment. You will be introduced to the practice of mindfulness meditation and will learn insights into to the art, science and practice of mindfulness.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 6:00pm – 7:00pm Cultivating Mindfulness
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:00pm – 1:00pm Cultivating Mindfulness
Click to Register: https://carebridge.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_brLsgktHREqWomeSyE1BQQ
The next two sessions of the month will have a different focus: yoga and heart-centered therapy.
- October 21, 2020 8:00 pm Yoga for Self-Compassion
- October 27, 2020 6:00 pm Heart-centered Therapy
WebEx invitation will follow.
Please try to participate in at least a few of these sessions. Giving yourself some time to unwind and decompress is crucial for your well-being and your ability to thrive in medicine!
GME Wellness Committee