You have an opportunity to sell back PTO starting this Monday, May 16. Your payout will be based on PTO you have accrued as of the pay period ending May 21, 2022. Payment will be made on Friday, June 3, 2022.
It’s easy to sell back your PTO. Simply go to Employee Self Service (ESS) and follow the instructions outlined here. You must submit your request by May 30, 2022. You will receive an automatic confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your request.
The following outlines the criteria for PTO Sell Back eligibility:
- Full-time employees may sell back from eight (8) to forty (40) hours of PTO time in eight (8), ten (10), or twelve (12) hour increments, depending upon the length of the employee’s normal work shift. However, a minimum of seventy-two (72) hours must be maintained in the employee’s PTO bank at the time of the sell back.
- Part-time employees may sell back from eight (8) to twenty-four (24) hours of PTO in eight (8), ten (10), or twelve (12) hour increments provided a minimum of thirty-six (36) hours is maintained in the employee’s PTO bank at the time of the sell back.
- Payment for the sell back will be at the employee’s base rate of pay.
- The sell back of PTO is voluntary and sell back decisions are final upon receipt by the Payroll Department.
- Employees who do not accrue PTO on a bi-weekly basis are not eligible for sell back.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to submit their request via Employee Self Service by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 30, 2022.
- Payroll will adjust any PTO buy-back requests on June 1, 2022, where the eligible PTO balance falls below the required minimum hours.
If you have questions about PTO sell back, please contact HR Compensation@cooperhealth.edu